Week of October 27, 2014 Archives
RealClearWorld Evening Edition
Wednesday, October 29Australian Troops Await Visas to Fight ISIS
- Hartcher & Wroe, SMHInterview with an ISIS Recruiter
- Hasnain Kazim, Der SpiegelObama Caused the US-Israel Strain
- Jonathan Tobin, CommentaryCan the US-Israel Relationship Be Repaired?
- Jacob Heilbrunn, NIA Look at the Roots of HK's Protests
- Keri Phillips, ABC AustraliaEchoes of Patty Hearst in Kobani
- Robert Mackey, New York TimesAmerica Still Has the Will to Lead
- Stephen Hadley, SMH7 Things to Know About the Ukrainian Crisis
- Steven Pifer, American InterestMost Arab States Share the Same Goal with ISIS
- Brian Whitaker, GuardianWorking Towards Stability and Security in Asia
- Michael Auslin, AEIdeasNorth Africa Warily Eyes Falling Oil Prices
- Keith Johnson, Foreign PolicyHow True Are NK Defector Stories?
- John Power, The Diplomat
Tuesday, October 28Security Council's Credibility Test
- Gareth Evans, Project SyndicateUkraine Strengthens Shift Toward Europe
- Bernd Johann, DWRussia Has No Plan for the Future
- Georgy Bovt, Moscow TimesIran, China Deepen 'Blue Water' Friendship
- Brian Murphy, WaPoTunisia's Costly Battle Against Militants
- Tom Stevenson, Al MonitorAfter Bitter Race, Brazilians Call for Unity
- Dom Phillips, TimeHuman Population Control Won't Fix Planet
- Matt McGrath, BBCHeroin Syringes Serve as Currency in Myanmar
- Patrick Winn, GP
Monday, October 27The Neocon Spring
- Jacob Heilbrunn, National InterestObama's Team of Bumblers
- Michael Hirsh, PoliticoHistory's Path to American Exceptionalism
- D. Bromwich, TomDispatchRousseff Must Fight the Second-Term Blues
- J.N. Singh, The ConversationA New Era of Disorder
- Richard Haass, Project SyndicateWill U.S. Military Return to the Philippines?
- Jason Strother, WorldcrunchThe Islamic State's Child Soldiers
- Kate Brannen, Foreign PolicyChina's not Making Your Shirt Anymore
- Nathan Siegel, OzyCan Ukraine's Political Class Grow Up?
- Leonid Bershidsky, Bloomberg
Thursday, October 233 Big Questions for Canada After the Attack
- Adam Taylor, WaPoWhy Wasn't WHO Ready for Ebola?
- Joshua Keating, SlateThe Brutality of the 'New Egypt'
- Mona Eltahawy, New York TimesChina Pivots to Europe
- Paul Ames, Global PostEurope's Economy Is Running Out of Time
- The EconomistKooky UKIP Will Keep Britain in EU
- Iain Martin, Telegraph6,000-Year-Old Temple in Ukraine Found
- Owen Jarus, Live SciencePapua New Guinea's Tragic Witch-Hunts
- Dana MacLean, Diplomat
Wednesday, October 22Soldier Dead in Ottawa Shootings
- Blair Crawford, Ottawa CitizenChina's Aircraft Carrier Trouble
- Robert Beckhusen, War Is BoringThe West Wins, in Spite of Itself
- Conrad Black, National ReviewWho Does Turkey Really Support in Kobani?
- Christoph Reuter, Der SpiegelChina Could Also Lose Taiwan
- Richard Rosecrance, The American InterestThe Failing War on Drugs... in Afghanistan
- Joshua Keating, SlateIs the US Working With Russia on ISIS or Not?
- Josh Rogin, Daily BeastObama's Last Chance to Save His Presidency
- Leslie Gelb, National InterestColombia-FARC Peace Deal Relies on Forgiveness
- Jim Wyss, Miami Herald
Tuesday, October 21TV Faceoff Dramatizes Hong Kong's Gulf
- Liam Fitzpatrick, TimeHong Kong Officials: There's Always 2022
- Shannon Tiezzi, DiplomatIs Hong Kong China's Future?
- William Pesek, BloombergHow Beijing Captured China's Middle Class
- Julian Sneider, TNI'Core al-Qaeda' Coming Back to Bite Us
- Bridget Johnson, PJ MediaDaily Life in the Shadow of ISIS
- Alice Su, The AtlanticDoes Obama Know PKK Can Be Allies?
- Michael Rubin, CommentaryUkrainian Separatists' Torture Chambers
- Reid Standish, Foreign PolicyAmerica's Failed War on Afghan Heroin
- Eric Pianin, The Fiscal TimesAmal Clooney Should Back Off on Elgin
- Dominic Selwood, Telegraph
Monday, October 20Sovereignty Issues Push EU to the Brink
- Gideon Rachman, FTWhich Syrians Will Turkey Train?
- Sibel Utku Bila, Al MonitorHow Nigeria Stopped Ebola
- Edward Wright, The ConversationCan Joint Procurement Challenge China?
- KSL Collin, The DiplomatEurope Acknowledges Austerity's Failure
- Patrick Smith, The Fiscal TimesObama's Coalition Is Fighting to Lose
- Ira Straus, National ReviewIndia, Pakistan Inch toward Nuclear Standoff
- Bruce Riedel, Daily BeastUnderstanding Why Women Join ISIS
- Amanda Taub, VoxIndia's Modi Wave Keeps Rolling