Week of July 28, 2014 Archives
RealClearWorld Evening Edition
Friday, August 1Islamic State's Challenge to the U.S.
- David Ignatius, Washington PostAl-Qaeda Still More Dangerous Than IS
- Gertenstein-Ross & Joscelyn, FPThe Most Dangerous Moment in Gaza
- Jeffrey Goldberg, The AtlanticAbduction Is Hamas's Most Terrifying Weapon
- Eli Lake, The Daily BeastAn Amoral World Without Just Wars
- Leon Aron, Global Public SquareWestern Media Terrified of Hamas
- D. Schwammenthal, The CommentatorHas Hamas Exhausted Press Sympathy?
- Seth Mandel, CommentaryHow the World Betrayed Gaza
- Alan Philps, The NationalIran Is the Arsonist of Gaza
- Bob Feferman, Times of IsraelIs China Trying to Destroy Asia's Regional Order?
- Andrew Phillips, TNICan the U.S. Catch Up to China in Africa?
- Howard French, BusinessweekStop Predicting China's Economic Collapse
- Tyler Roney, The DiplomatFollow RCW: On Twitter
| On Facebook
| On Google+
Thursday, July 31Just How Likely Is Another World War?
- Graham Allison, The AtlanticArgentina Defaults: Eighth Time's the Charm?
- The EconomistPutin Has Unleashed Forces He Can't Control
- Lucian Kim, SlateThe Danger of Backing Putin into a Corner
- Anna Nemtsova, Daily BeastXi Jinping: The Putin of Asia
- Gordon Chang, World Affairs JournalHaqqani Threat to U.S.-Pakistan Detente
- Michael Kugelman, DiplomatU.S. Must Prevent Caribbean Energy Crisis
- Schechter & Marczak, GPSThe End of the Arab State
- Christopher Hill, Project SyndicateAfrica Needs Science, Not Aid
- Nkem Khumbah & Melvin Foote, NYTThe Ocean Map That Changed the World
- Simon Willis, Intelligent LifeThe Tunnels That House a Nazi Wine Collection
- Stephen Sackur, BBCIf You Litter, Belarusian Dictator Steals Your Car
- Rick Noack, WaPo
Wednesday, July 30Europe's Ground Zero
- Christian Neef, Der SpiegelWorld Wilts Before Putin's Iron Fist
- Peter Hartcher, Sydney Morning H'ldWith Ukraine, Putin Is Courting the Home Crowd
- Leon Aron, LA TimesHow Israel Helped Create Hamas
- Ishaan Tharoor, Washington PostIf Hamas Survives, Forget About Peace
- Jonathan Tobin, CommentaryThis Is Your Brain on War
- Gershom Gorenberg, The American ProspectStop Comparing Gaza to Syria
- Pascal Boniface, Le Nouvel ObservateurObama's Disastrous, Poll-driven Foreign Policy
- Michael Young, NationalDon't Fear Jihadists Returning from Syria
- Zaougui & Ostaeyen, NY TimesDid NSA Snooping Hurt U.S. Image? Not So Much
- Bruce Stokes, GPSWhy I am No Longer a European
- Richard Pine, Irish Times
Tuesday, July 29Israel Is Tearing Down Gaza
- Jesse Rosenfeld, The Daily BeastHamas Knows It Is Losing
- Seth Mandel, CommentaryIsrael's Live-Action Hamas Horror Movie
- Robert Tracinski, The FederalistStopping Putin's Irredentist Project
- Andrew Michta, American InterestPutin's Strange Bedfellows
- Cathy Young, Boston GlobeU.S., Russia Edge Toward Economic Warfare
- Rob Garver, Fiscal TimesLibya Is More Dangerous than Ever
- Nabila Ramdani, The GuardianDid Libya Prove Hawks Right or Wrong?
- Conor Friedersdorf, The AtlanticU.S. Accidential Pushing Kurds to Independence
- Dov Friedman, TNR9 Things to Avoid When Starting a Caliphate
- Christian Caryl, FPThe New Thailand-Myanmar Axis
- Pavin Chachavalpongpun, The DiplomatA Plan to Save the East China Sea
- Stewart Taggart, The National Interest
Monday, July 28Why Is Israel Losing a War It's Winning?
- Jeffrey Goldberg, The AtlanticNo, Israel Isn't Losing a War It's Winning
- John Podhoretz, CommentaryISIS' Black Flags Are Flying in Europe
- Nadette De Visser, The Daily BeastObama Failed to Stop ISIS When He Could
- Marc Thiessen, Wash. PostWill ISIS Spread to Pakistan?
- Arif Rafiq, The DiplomatMowing the Grass in Gaza
- Rep. Doug Lamborn, RealClearDefenseIsraeli Military's Moral Indifference
- Yuli Novak, The GuardianThe Death of the Great Bargain
- Graeme Dobell, The National InterestSorry, Hillary, Russia Reset Never Worked
- Andrew Peek, Fiscal Times$50 Billion Bill for Putin's Aggression
- Leonid Bershidsky, Bloomberg100 Days Later, Nigeria Is Only Worse
- Andrew Walker, Foreign PolicyWhy Is the World Becoming Such a Nasty Place?
- V.D. Hanson, PJ Media
Friday, July 25America Needs a Real Russia Policy
- Thomas Graham, The National InterestEurope's Jews Punished for Israel's War
- Eli Lake, The Daily BeastHow Did Antisemitism Come Back?
- Michael Ledeen, PJ MediaHamas Still Has Some Friends Left
- Mirren Gidda, TimeIf There's Just War, Why Not Just Terrorism?
- Giles Fraser, GuardianWho Bears More Responsibility for Gaza?
- John Judis, The New RepublicThe Shared Destiny of Israel and Gaza
- Roger Cohen, New York TimesHamas' Useful Idiots
- Rich Lowry, New York PostHow the U.S. Let ISIS Form a Terrorist Army
- David Francis, Fiscal TimesThe Growing Role of Female Jihadis
- Kathy Gilsinan, The AtlanticUber and Classic Asian Mercantilism
- Robert Kelly, The DiplomatThe Hijacking of a Venezuelan Newspaper
- Mac Margolis, Bloomberg
Thursday, July 24Russians Living in Alternate Reality
- Mark Adomanis, Washington PostStop Appeasing Vladimir Putin
- The EconomistWe Will Have to Negotiate with Putin
- Tony Brenton, TelegraphPutin's Tipping Point?
- Nina Khrushcheva, Project SyndicateWith Friends Like These, ISIS Is Doomed
- Jacob Siegel, Daily BeastMiddle East Violence Not Just 'Ancient Hatred'
- Shadi Hamid, AtlanticWhy U.S. Has Most Pro-Israel Foreign Policy
- Zack Beauchamp, VoxHamas, the First Palestinian Army
- Shlomi Eldar, Al MonitorEurope's Refugee Crisis Far Worse than U.S.
- Joshua Keating, SlateMissing Air Algerie Flight Is a Reminder of Mali
- Adam Taylor, WaPoA Chinese Gold Standard?
- Kwasi Kwarteng, New York TimesIndian Boy Has 232 Teeth Removed
- Jack Linshi, Time
Wednesday, July 23Israel Provoked This War -- Obama Must End It
- Henry Siegman, PoliticoObsessing About Gaza, Ignoring Syria
- Jeffrey Goldberg, The AtlanticHow to Save Gaza and Prevent Another War
- William Saletan, SlateCan Malaysia Airlines Rebrand and Move On?
- Annette Ekin, QuartzWhat Is Wrong with the Grand Nation?
- Alexander Smoltczyk, Der SpiegelThoughts on a French Strike
- Theodore Dalrymple, City JournalSanctions Finally Find Russia's Achilles Heel
- William Pomeranz, ReutersWhy Putin Isn't Afraid of Europe
- Mark Whitehouse, Bloomberg ViewEurope Must Deal with Russia on Its Own
- Mary Dejevsky, The GuardianIn a Syrian City, ISIS Puts Vision into Practice
- Ben Hubbard, NY TimesU.S. & Germany: Rebuilding a Spy Partnership
- David Ignatius, Wash PostWhy Australia's Carbon Tax Bombed
- Margaret Wente, Globe and Mail
Tuesday, July 22Why Is the West Idly Watching the World Burn?
- S. Palamar, Toronto StarThe World Is Returning to Normal
- Michael Ledeen, PJ MediaWhy Russia Buys Putin's Lies
- Mark Nuckols, New York PostPutin May Have Killed Russia's Brand
- Leonid Bershidsky, BloombergPutin's Power Play in America's Backyard
- David Francis, The Fiscal TimesJordan's Quiet Emergency
- Alice Su, The AtlanticWhat 'Proportionality' Means to Israel
- Zeke Miller, TimeThe Delusion of Hamas
- Shlomi Eldar, Al MonitorThe 'International Community' Is a Myth
- Shashank Joshi, TelegraphThailand's Democracy Under Siege
- Samak Mith, The DiplomatThe Battle to Crush Ukraine's Rebels
- Anna Nemtsova, The Daily BeastNo More Frozen Conflicts
- Svante Cornell, The American Interest